On this sixth day of Christmas my true love gave me a sparkling pear cocktail, and I enjoyed the shit out of it.
The first five days gave us - this, this, this, this and this.
I love pears, they are sweet and have a nice texture. And when you poach them in water and honey, puree them and add to some prosecco - you get a light and refreshing sparkling pear cocktail. Oh yeah I tried a savory element when I poached the pears - some rosemary - and it was outstanding, so give that a shot.
A quick puree in a food processor or blender and you have a sweet, syrupy compote that adds an extra fruity touch to a simple glass of prosecco or champagne.
Sparkling Pear Cocktail
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- two pears peeled and sliced (I used bosc pears)
- one strip of lemon peel
- sprig of rosemary plus additional sprigs for garnish
- One pear thinly sliced for garnish
- In a saucepan combine the honey and water, bring to a simmer and stir until the honey is combined with the water. Add the pear slices, lemon peel and sprig of rosemary. Simmer until the pears are soft and easily mashable, and the liquid has reduced a little bit - about 15 minutes. Cool a bit abd puree in a food processor or a blender, put in fridge until completely cold.
- To make the cocktail, spoon two tablespoons of the puree into a champagne flute, and top with prosecco. Garnish with pear slices and a sprig of rosemary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Tell me whatcha think