It's finally summer weather! Can you feel it where you are? And you know what that means...all the ice cream. And I am here with all the tried and tested homemade Cuisinart ice cream maker recipes you will ever need.
Whether you've had your Cuisinart ice cream maker for a while, or you are new to it, and new to making ice cream all together, there is something for everyone in this homemade ice cream recipe list.
All the homemade ice cream recipes here I have personally made in my Cuisinart ice cream maker and all of them have been huge hits with my family and any guests that drop by.
Types of ice cream for a Cuisinart ice cream maker
There's three types of homemade ice cream that you'd need a Cuisinart ice cream maker to make. And one that does not. Here is a rundown of types of ice cream:
- Custard-based. When learning how to make homemade ice cream, we should start off with the most popular kind...French style ice cream, which is custard-based with sugar, egg yolks, milk, and cream. This is a great base that I use for a lot of ice creams. And while this considered a french technique for making ice cream, this is largely what you will find included in all ice cream recipes.
- Philadelphia style. This is an eggless ice cream recipe, that also uses an ice cream maker. A really delicious thing and so simple. I mean, basically you just heat up heavy cream (some recipes call for milk as well) with sugar until the sugar dissolves and then chill it before putting into the machine.
After trying philadelphia style ice cream, I can honestly say I cannot tell the difference. Maybe the texture is slightly less creamy (if you make it plain)…maybe. But since I added vanilla bean and sour cherry puree I could not tell even a little bit.
- Gelato. Basically Italians version of French-style custard ice cream made with less cream and more milk. It still contains egg yolks to help emulsify the base, but it is churned slower to incorporate less air into the base, making it denser and smoother in texture.
- Last would be no-churn, which is by far the simplest of all ice cream recipes, using sweetened condensed milk, folded with whipped heavy cream and no ice cream maker. This no-churn blueberry ice cream and no-churn peach ice cream ice cream couldn't be easier and is delicious.
Favorite Cuisinart ice cream maker recipes
Here is our the best Cuisinart ice cream maker recipes that we have tested and tried, and make over and over again:
Homemade sour cherry ice cream
Outside of cherry pie, I can't think of a better use for sour cherries, than this delicious Philadelphia-style, eggless sour cherry ice cream recipe. A quick cherry compote get churned into a sweet cream ice cream base.
Toasted marshmallow ice cream
I mean, I don't even think I need to say anything other than Toasted Marshmallow ice cream recipe for you to go and make this right now. Toasted, gooey marshmallows blended into a French-style custard base ice cream recipe. This is probably my most requested homemade ice cream. I have yet to find a hater.
In a cone, in a cup, whipped up into a milk shake, or in the most delicious brownie ice cream sandwich, this ice cream is guaranteed to be hit with pretty much everyone you have ever met.
Oreo ice cream
A nostalgic favorite flavor for kids and adults, oreo ice cream, made with oreo milk is full of cookie flavor and simple to make. Extra crushed oreos give it that extra cookie crunch
Creamy lemon curd ice cream
I came up with this creamy homemade lemon curd ice cream recipe kind of by accident. I had a vanilla bean ice cream base, a jar of lemon curd, and I just thought, why the hell not? While the ice cream base was churning in the ice cream maker, i added the lemon curd and in blended right in perfectly.
And then as if it wasn't delicious enough, I swirled in a little crushed blackberry syrup. Totally optional of course, but I highly recommend it.
Butterscotch chocolate cake ice cream
One of the best things about making homemade ice cream is the fun and unique flavors you can make. This butterscotch chocolate cake ice cream with a butterscotch base and bits of chocolate cake folded throughout is delicious and fun ice cream treat.
Blueberry cheesecake gelato
This is a super creamy decadent blueberry cheesecake gelato is literally like taking a bite into a frozen blueberry cheesecake. It is full of blueberry flavor, and the biscoff cookies crumbled in give it the perfect crunch!
Buttermilk Praline ice cream
This homemade ice cream recipe comes from my friend Katie, at Katie Bird Bakes. This buttermilk praline ice cream is one of my favorite eggless ice cream recipes. The buttermilk creates a rich and decadent ice cream texture and the who doesn't love praline?
Passion fruit white chocolate mint gelato
Not a full on French-style ice cream, but a gelato, this passion fruit white chocolate mint gelato is super creamy and absolutely delicious. This recipe comes from my dear friends Mark and Angela, over at Cooking with Wine - they are the experts on all things Italian, including gelato. Gelato is super similar to ice cream, but made with a higher ratio of milk than traditional ice cream. It typically churns up a bit softer, which is not a bad thing.
Goat cheese ice cream with raspberry rose jam swirl
Keeping it fun and unique is a must when choosing ice cream flavors, and goat cheese ice cream really its that mark. And nobody knows this better than my friend Kirby, at Leisure Fan Club. Her easy recipe of whipping goat cheese with cream and lemon juice and adding it to a simple ice cream base is genius. And while I highly recommend trying her raspberry rose jam for this recipe, and others, you can most definitely adapt and use another fruit flavored jam to swirl in (I have done a strawberry basil jam with this and it is amazing).
Candied walnut gelato
I mean, do I really need to say anything else? Candied walnut gelato sounds amazing, I know, so just imagine how it tastes. A smooth and rich glato base with candied walnuts, which are less bitter and the perfect compliment to a walnut flavored ice cream base.
Speculoos cookie butter ice cream
Cookie butter is one of those food pantry items that you don't necessarily know why you have it, but you always have it because it is f'ing delicious. And it is something that was destined to be turned into a creamy ice cream. My speculoos cookie butter ice cream recipe is a simple, eggless ice cream recipe that everyone will love.
Sweet potato ice cream
An ice cream that is as perfect for summer as it is for a fall day, sweet potato ice cream is rich, creamy and full of warm spices and fall flavors. This ice cream comes from my friend Krista, at In Krista's Kitchen and is a family favorite to top a cinnamon spice cake every fall.
Tips for homemade ice cream success
- Make sure your ice cream base is completely cold before churning. I always make my base the night before and chill in the fridge overnight. You need a minimum of EIGHT HOURS chill time.
- If making a French-style custard base ice cream or gelato, you can run the final mixture through a fine sieve to make sure it is totally smooth.
- When making Philadelphia-style eggless ice creams be sure to blend all the ingredients thoroughly for a smooth ice cream.
- Have fun with your flavors! Make ice cream pie or throw some of these into milk shakes. An ice cream cake for a birthday celebration is always a hit too!
And while I have tested all of these recipes in a Cuisinart ice cream maker, if you have a different ice cream maker, or want one the fits your budget better like this one, go for it! They all pretty much perform the same way.
Whatever the occasion, party or just a Monday, these Cuisinart ice cream maker recipes will be a huge hit!