Everyone loves gooey cereal bars. And mixing up traditional rice krispie treats and making easy 3 ingredient, no bake fruity pebbles treats is a fun take on a nostalgic treat bar that everyone will enjoy.
Rice Krispie bars were always one of my all-time favorite treats as a kid, and now as the mom in the house, I find myself legit fighting the kids for them sometimes. Really any type of bar treat works for me. I have never been known to turn down a brownie or a blondie of any kind.
Honestly making them is so easy and so much more delicious than a packaged one, that I can't believe anybody doesn't make them from scratch.
Mixing it up a bit with another one of my kids' favorite cereals, Fruity Pebbles treats are equally delicious. More colorful than their counterpart, they are extra fun for kids who pretty much gravitate to anything colorful and would be great for a kid party.
These are made with 3 ingredients, are no bake making them a perfect dessert to make with the kids and are everything you want in a fun dessert - gooey, sweet, colorful.
Why you'll love this recipe
- They are tastier than a typical rice krispie treat. Fruity Pebbles cereal has a fruity flavor. When combined with marshmallows, it creates a sweet and colorful treat that's hard to resist.
- Quick and easy to come together. This recipe requires minimal effort and only a few ingredients, making it a convenient choice for busy individuals and parents looking to satisfy their sweet tooth.
- Kids love them. Children love the vibrant colors and sugary taste of Fruity Pebbles treats. It's a fantastic option for school lunches, birthday parties, or just a delightful afternoon snack.
- They are super versatile. You can easily adapt this Fruity Pebbles treats.
Most cereal bars only have 3 ingredients and these are no different. I will say that I do drizzle some melted white chocolate over them for a fun addition, but since this is optional, I am sticking with these Fruity Pebbles bars as being 3 ingredient superstars.
- Fruity Pebbles
And of course for the optional drizzle on top if you like:
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut or some other neutral oil (vegetable, canola or avocado oil
Making these is so easy a child can do it with a little assitance.
Melt the butter
Add marshmallows to the melted butter and melt them until smooth
Stir the Fruity Pebbles in until completely coated
Press the mixture into a greased square baking pan.
Ingredient swaps and variations
Fruity Pebbles treats can be adapted a lot more ways than just a drizzle of white chocolate on top. Here are some ideas:
- Make them vegan. Vegan marshmallows are a thing and so is vegan butter (or alternatively coconut oil).
- Add extra marshmallows to the bars after stirring in the cereal for an extra gooey treat.
- Stir in chocolate chips, m&ms or sprinkles before pressing into the pan.
- Make sure to cool these before cutting into bars. They will be soft for a bit and need to firm up to be less messy and sticky when cutting.
- Use a sharp knife to cut these into bars so they don't smash and squish down when you cut them.
Other nostalgic, kid friendly desserts to try
I have never met a kid who says no to a good dessert. And these are not only kid friendly but adults love them too:
- large saucepan
- 8x8 square baking dish
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Optional for the top:
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon neutral oil vegetable, canola, avocado or coconut oil
- Grease a 8x8 square baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray. You can totally make these go farther by using a 13x9 rectangle pan, but they will be skinnier.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the mini marshmallows and stir continuously until they are totally melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the fruity pebbles. Stir until fully mixed together and the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to your greased dish and using a spatula or your hands (be sure to spray them with a little baking spray) press the mixture evenly and smoothly into the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.