Chicken salad recipes are everywhere, but they are not always the best. I mean, the baseline is pretty f'ing basic...chicken, mayo, some kind of finely chopped veggies and seasoning. Yeah you can buy chicken salad at a grocery store and it isn't bad, and you can get it at Subway (blahhhh) or Corner Bakery or Panera, but meh.
My chicken salad recipe will change the meh and the blah to...HELL YESSSSS! And it couldn't be easier.
Also this is a super short post...I have a shit ton of apples sitting on the counter I need to tend to 🙂
Have a great weekend xoxo
Chicken Salad (that is the best)
- 3 cups cooked chicken either cut into cubes or shredded
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of squeezed lemon juice
- zest of half of the squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickled jalapenos chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard - I use the coarse dijon
⅔ cup combined finely diced
- red pepper
- red onion use the least amount of this, unless you really like onions
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. This makes a great sandwich - see photos, but you certainly can enjoy this minus the bread, if you are carb conscious or gluten free. I have put this in lettuce wraps, and in a seeded tomato...I have also just dug into the bowl with a fork.